FIL-FOREIGN APPLICANTS (REQUIREMENTS)
Admission Policies of Prospective Fil-foreign Draft Applicants
1.Bureau of Immigration (BI) Certificate of Recognition;
2. Department of Justice (DOJ) Affirmation;
3. Certificate of Identification (RA9225) in lieu of (a) BI.
4. Certificate of Recognition and (b) DOJ Affirmation.
5. Applicants Authenticated Birth Certificate issued by the National Statistics Office, if applicant was born in the Philippines or equivalent official agency in country of birth other than the Philippines;
6. Authenticated Birth Certificate of the Applicants Filipino parent or other valid and authenticated equivalent document acceptable to the appropriate government agency;
7. Marriage Certificate of Applicant’s parents, or in the absence thereof due to circumstances beyond the applicant’s control, Legal Recognition by applicant’s Filipino father or other proof evidencing filiation such as a will, record of birth or DNA test results.
8. Duly notarized and/or authenticated Naturalization papers of Filipino Parent, if applicable;
9. Duly notarized affidavits of at least three (3) persons residing in the Philippines attesting to the claim of citizenship of applicant.
10. All other documents which the PBA Commissioner may require.
1. All Applicants must submit themselves to a personal interview to be conducted by the Office of the Commissioner at a place and time to be designated by the Commissioner no later than Fifteen (15) days before the date of the Annual Draft;
2. All or some of the witnesses of the applicant who submitted affidavits to support the application of the Applicant shall likewise be scheduled for interview by the Office of the Commissioner at a place and time to be designated for such purpose.
All Fil-foreign applicants must have played in at least two (2) conferences in the PBA D-League (total of 14 games), except if the player has played for the Philippine men’s national basketball team in at least one (1) international competition.
1. 21 years of age by the day of the opening of the Season, or;
2. Graduate of any 4-year college course.
REQUIREMENTS FOR LOCAL APPLICANTS:
1. Original PSA Birth Certificate.
2. Twenty one years (21 years) of age by the day of the opening of the Season, or;
3. Graduate of any 4-year college course.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER:
October 26, 2018
Deadline for submission of application and requirements for Fil-foreign applicants.
December 3, 2018
Deadline for submission of application and requirements for local born applicants.
December 12-13, 2018
December 14, 2018
Issuance of final list of candidates to the draft.
December 16, 2018
PBA Rookie Draft at Robinsons Place Manila